Lubchem is an environmentally responsible lubricant, grease and toll blend manufacturer located in Houston, Texas. We are looking for motivated team players to help with business development of our traditional and renewable/sustainable product lines. We are a manufacturer that specializes in lubricants, sealants, corrosion/rust inhibitors and toll blending of drilling and completion chemicals in the oil and gas industry. This is a Sales Account Manager position. (REMOTE).
Our portfolio of products with advanced functionalities allows our customers to select solutions that best fit their specific needs in most lubricant applications.
Key Objectives & Accountabilities:
- Define, develop, and implement the business strategy for assigned accounts
- Increase volume and profitability for assigned account
- Deliver on the short- and long-term objectives
- Deliver sales according to budget
- Provide accurate sales forecasts
- Identify business growth opportunities
- Direct contact with customers in the field, representing Lubchem in a positive and professional manner
- Create strategy and develop, manage, and ensure realization of sales for assigned accounts
- Develop an understanding of the account’s current and future needs and act upon the customer’s strategy and tactics
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influences at the customer accounts multi-level connections with the customer organizations
- Serve as a lead negotiator on pricing, contracts, and commercial terms
- Keep management informed of all key activities at the key account through effective internal communication.
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by periodic and ad hoc reports and/or analyses; and assume other duties from time to time as directed by management
- Internally must work productively with:
- Account Managers, Customer Service, Supply Chain, R&D, Legal, Technical Service, Marketing, Accounts Receivable and Business Management.
- Externally must work closely with: Customer’s Purchasing, Technical, R&D, Manufacturing, Accounts Payable, Business Management including, executive level management
- BS degree preferred, preferably in chemistry or other technical discipline.
- Understanding of oil & gas drilling and production equipment and technology.
- Self-motivated, self-confident, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Above average interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to listen and discern
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years sales experience in B2B Sales
- Strong knowledge of Lubricant and Fuel Additives market is a definite plus
- Proven ability to manage and grow national and multi-national accounts including ownership of account strategy, contracts, and strategy execution
- Demonstrate ability to develop and work in a team culture.
- Valid driver’s license, required
- Approximately 50% overnight travel