Lubchem is an environmentally responsible lubricant, grease and toll manufacturer located in Houston, Texas. Looking for a motivated team player to help innovate the development of our traditional and renewable/sustainable product lines. We are a manufacturer that specializes in lubricants, sealants, corrosion/rust inhibitors and toll blending of drilling and completion chemicals in the oil and gas industry.
Position OverviewWe are looking to add an additional talented chemist to our team that will assist in developing new formulas as well as trouble-shoot, optimize and/or reformulate existing ones.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and develop innovative and differentiated product solutions from concept to commercialization modify or improve existing formulas
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Oversee and direct process scale up, including manufacturing batch adjustments and troubleshooting
- Conduct stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility
- Maintain working knowledge of raw material innovations and emerging research in the automotive chemistry field by proactively researching new concepts, materials, processes, and technical opportunities
- Source and validate new raw materials
- Train and direct technicians in laboratory procedures
- Contribute to routine laboratory housekeeping and day-to-day functions of the R&D laboratory
- Maintain a working knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Serve as a technical and problem-solving resource for field team.
- Support other R&D functions and regulatory requirements as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline
- 3+ years formulating experience in lubrication/drilling & completion/production.
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of emulsions, base oils, lubricant additives, thickeners, surfactants, builders, etc…
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Knowledgeable in ASTM standards and other industry wide standards.
- Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical and petroleum products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while balancing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
Please include salary requirements upon submitting a resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- 8-hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No